Recreation & Activities
Tempe, Arizona Recreation
Downtown Tempe offers a wealth of cultural attractions and opportunities for recreation. As one of the most popular spots for a vacation, downtown Tempe offers a diverse selection of exciting opportunities for everyone to enjoy.
During your vacation, experience a Broadway show at Tempe's Frank Lloyd Wright designed theatre, or see an ASU football game. Golfers can find dry, sunny weather perfect for a day of golfing at one of Tempe's golf courses. For added excitement, climb a mini-mountain, kayak on Tempe Town Lake, or take a stroll under shady trees. Regroup and savor a meal at one of Tempe's numerous restaurants serving up local specialties.
Favorite Tempe, Arizona recreation opportunities include:
- Golfing at ASU Karsten Golf Course, Papago Golf Course, or The Raven
- 170 miles of dedicated bikeways
- Bike paths along the Rio Salado and Papago Buttes
- Hiking "A" Mountain and Papago Park
- Boating at Tempe Town Lake
- Picnic and splash pad at Tempe Beach Park
In addition, Tempe Mission Palms is pleased to offer many on-site recreational amenities, including:
- Rooftop swimming pool and hot tubs, with Cabana Grille serving casual faire and refreshing drinks
- Fitness Center with cardiovascular equipment, strength training machines, and free weights
- Tennis court
- Basketball court
Nearby spa services, tee times, and restaurant reservations can be arranged via our concierge. Please dial (480) 317-1620.