your stories, photos,
Post an Entry
View entries by month:
Tempe Mission Palms joins all the Destination Hotels & Resorts collection with the "Study of" series. In July, we have turned our attention to the "Study of Duck," where our own Chef Michael Scott has created this delicious Orange Scented Duck Breast. This "fine dining" entree is actually quite accessible to create at home, therefore, Chef Scott gave us the recipe to share. However, if you don't want to heat up the kitchen, join us at our Mission Grille or Harry's Place where we have several dishes featuring our "Study of Duck."
Orange Scented Duck Breast
• Duck Breast – 4 each
• Orange – Zest Of – 2 each
• Garlic Cloves – 3 each
• Shallots – 1 each
• Oil – 1 cup
Combine all the ingredients including the zested orange (exclude the duck) into a blender and blend till smooth
1. Place the duck and half the sauce in a zip lock bag and let set overnight
2. Sear in a hot sauté pan skin side down first, flip over and place in 350 degree oven for 8 minutes
3. Thinly slice
• Fingerling Potatoes – Sliced Length wise and blanch and shock – 1 pound
• Rosemary – chopped – 2 sprigs
• Garlic Cloves – chopped – 3 each
• Oil – 1 tbsp.
• Whole Butter - 1 Tbsp.
1. Combine all and lay on cookie sheet
2. Cook at 350 degrees for 20 – 30 minutes
Orange Honey Sauce
• Remaining Marinade – ½ cup
• Honey – 1 Tbsp.
• Whole Butter – 1 Tbsp.
1. Combine all in a small sauce pan and heat up to a simmer
2. Set aside
1. Lay the roasted potatoes in the center of the plate
2. Place your choice of vegetables on top of potatoes
3. Fan out sliced duck
4. Top with sauce
5. Garnish with orange and lime zest